The 5 Practices and 10 Commitments for TSLC
A student version of The Leadership Challenge®, a leadership development by best-selling authors Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner.
The programme equips youths with the knowledge and skills to transform..
The Student Leadership Challenge® offers comprehensive and practical ways to help every young person make a positive impact wherever he/she is, and inspire excellence in his/her circle of influence.
Evidenced-Based & Time-Tested Leadership Model
Backed by more than 30 years of original research with over 3 million leaders, this proven leadership model approaches leadership as a measurable, learnable and teachable set of behaviours.
5 Undergirding Principles
The Student Leadership Challenge® is designed based on five primary principles:
1. Leadership development is self-development
2. Leadership is everyone’s business
3. Leadership is a relationship
4. Leadership is learned
5. Leaders make a difference
Multiple Modes For Enhanced Living
Participants experience and apply The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership® through experiential learning, video cases, workbook exercises, group problem-solving tasks, lectures, interactive activities and optional outdoor action learning.
The Student Leadership Practices Inventory (SLPI)
The Student Leadership Challenge® includes the leading industry 360-degree assessment tool. The Student Leadership Practices Inventory (SLPI) helps leaders assess the extent to which they use The Five Exemplary Leadership Practices, thus allowing for intentional improvements. Leaders will report frequency at which they engage in various leadership behaviours and observers will give parallel reports based on their interactions with the leader. The results will help leaders make specific and constructive improvements to their leadership.
At the end of the programme, students will be better at:
- Identifying their own leadership strengths and area for improvement
- Communicating fundamental values and benefits
- Understanding and supporting their group/team’s culture, its strategic
- direction and their contribution to the group/team’s success
- Inspiring others to share a common vision
- Searching for opportunities to take the risks needed for growth
- Building collaboration, teamwork and trust
- Strengthening others’ abilities to excel
- Recognising the accomplishments of others
James M. Kouzes, Barry Z. Posner
The SLPI offers students a method for accurately assessing their leadership potential based on The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership®.
- Helps students to determine actions that will improve their
- leadership skills
- Consists of Self and Observer questionnaires and can be used by unlimited observers
- Offers a user-friendly interface on a web-based platform
- Contains feedback reports that are completely computer-generated
- Includes free downloadable PDFs of the Facilitator’s Guide, Student
- Workbook and Student Leadership Planner