As any leader will tell you, growing and nurturing the next generation of leaders is no simple task of asking and telling but rather one of nurturing and eliciting. Hence, helping student leaders in developing the skills necessary to nurture the next generation of leaders is vital in creating an effective leadership culture.
The training will take place with short lectures, video clips and structured experiential activities that will enable students to practice the techniques they have learnt. Coaching can also be incorporated into the training to further help students.
Roles of a Facilitator
- Who is a Facilitator?
- Identifying the Importance of Facilitation Today
- Core Practices of a Facilitator
- Building Rapport with your Audience
- Stages of Facilitation
Listening and Questioning Skills
- 3 Levels of Listening
- Questioning Techniques
- The Logical Levels
Handling Difficult Behaviours in a Group
- Identifying the Difficult Behaviours
- Overcoming such Behaviours
- Stages of an Activity
- Facilitators’ Role in an Activity
Reflections and Debriefing Skills
- Process of Reflections
- The SAT Way of Debriefing
- How to get Constructive FeedbackWho is a Facilitator?